Sunday, March 21, 2010

IPL2

So my project for my Internet Foundations class was to research the IPL2 (Internet Pubic Libary). This resource is very interesting as it claims to be the most reliable information you can find on the web. So I proceeded to look up "How long do zombies live?" with no success. My first thoughts must be since it is really a fake topic there would be no legit answer. So I decided to search something else something I could find a concrete answer to. I chose "Why do we wear green on St. Patrick's day?" due to the holiday just passing. With this reasonable answer: "In the United States, it's customary to wear green on St. Patrick's Day. But in Ireland the color was long considered to be unlucky, says Bridget Haggerty, author of The Traditional Irish Wedding and the Irish Culture and Customs Web site.

As Haggerty explains, Irish folklore holds that green is the favorite color of the Good People (the proper name for faeries). They are likely to steal people, especially children, who wear too much of the color. " for the specific URL. I was impressed myself its well worth the look.

3 comments: